Web Promo and Posting Campaign
We are very excited to present the 2017 10th Biennial San Francisco Bay Area Sex Worker Film & Arts Festival. The 2017 Festival includes over a week of fun, sexy, political, kinky, naughty, bold and educational events. Browse our website to learn about all the amazing events.
Some of you from far away (and even close by) were looking for a way to volunteer. Here is the easy, fun job of spreading the word on the web through our organized calendar posting campaign. It's all about cutting and pasting our many events into 'webforms' for calendars. It's all ready to go and easy for you with the instructions below. BUT, please know that this usually requires a short 'one on one' orientation on the phone (easiest) or in a chat if we are far away.
What you need
Blurbs, long and short descriptions of events and the festival as a whole are posted for you to draw from, along with pictures to download and post. Look a this page that you are on below first to discover what is there. You may want to download some of the images on this page to you computer by dragging them off our webpage so you will be able to post them around. I also posted my faves at the bottom of this page for your convienence. But if you look you at this page below, you can see where all the pictures and descriptions are.
Important Resource / Press Release, Blurbs and Photos
This link has all the information you will be posting.This takes you to the individual event listings. I want to emphasize these because they are time consuming. Each event must be entered separately! That means around 10 entries per calendar. (If you prefer you could just list the main event at various calendars.)
Note for the future: Don't bother listing the 'sex worker only events' Except on queer calendars, perhaps. At your discretion... But I think it's most effective to focus on the main event on the calendars, then go back and add individual events. Each calendar can have about 8 listings from us, so it could take a couple of hours to do each thoroughly...so just do the main ones until you see how much time you want to put into this.
The idea here is you will be using the group email account to do all work, firstname.lastname@example.org. When we chat I will give you the password. This will be explained better in out orientation.
- Email email@example.com or call 415-751-1659 and let us know you are going to do this. Then I can add your address so you have access to the Google Doc below, THE WEB POSTING CHART-GOOGLE DOC. You need access to that to see the calendars and to keep notes on your work.
THE WEB POSTING CHART-GOOGLE DOC
This is for you to keep a record of where you post because others will be working on it at the same time, so every couple of hours (or more) update it please.
- Email to register at these calendars and post from: firstname.lastname@example.org Password to get into that email:(we will email this code along with verification email info or tell you on the phone )
For signing up for the calendars, you often will find we already are signed up from last year, so you sign in as email@example.com.This way I can get back into those if I need to make changes. It is a group account so I will be giving others that email and password. DON'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD!
- Again, visit this page and use the materials posted on it. (Check back for changes as I will be updating it.)
- We are making Facebook pages, but we can still use a bigger campaign if you know how. We are tweeting @sexworkerfest, but you can also tweet and retweet, please. Do follow us. But other than facebook, you can start with any announcement boards and calendars. Click here for tweets we've prepared for this purpose.
You should all be posting updates at this Google doc about where you have posted this, so two people aren't doing the same thing. (If you don't use google docs, I can post a list for you of what has been covered.) PLUS THERE ARE CALENDAR SUGGESTIONS ON THAT GOOGLE DOC)
THE WEB POSTING CHART-GOOGLE DOC
* One note that isn't clear that you may encounter...the calendars want a location for the fest, but we have many. Ideally, you can just put San Francisco Bay Area or "multiple locations," for the whole festival. Note many events are in Oakland too. Otherwise list the Center for Sex & Culture, 1349 Mission St, SF, CA 94103 for the whole festival. Otherwise at least the city is listed on most of the events. The same is true about the dates. Some calendars seem to prefer listing only one date. You need to figure out your work-around for that. You'll see.
If you would rather not use Gooogle docs to document what you did, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Name of calendar
- Url of calendar
- Date posted
- What you posted (whole fest or which events)
- Our Username and password so we can make changes. You can get into this account. THIS IS ESSENTIAL. WE MUST HAVE ACCESS TO THESE LISTINGS TO MAKE CHANGES, SO YOU SHOULD USE OUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD (Which we will provide)
- Any notes you have for us, if you do.
Thanks sooooo much!
Please call or email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Again, here are the links to the material you will post. Look at the entire page and see what is there. Descriptions of various lengths: http://www.sexworkerfest.com/swfest2015/presskit2015.html
All Event Details Listed Separately http://www.sexworkerfest.com/swfest2015/presskit2015.html#events
Whole Fest Media Releases http://www.sexworkerfest.com/swfest2015/presskit2015.html#release
Images of the main event are below, here on this page. Scroll down a little.
Schedule-Just FYI http://www.sexworkerfest.com/swfest2015/calendar2015.html
These should be the right size..they shrink them automatically if needed usually. JUST DRAG THEM TO YOUR DESKTOP AND POST FROM THERE.
MORE PICTURES COMING SOON!
Note that the individual events all have an image url underneath them. If you need web addresses they are below the picture